Why A PBA Career
Join us and make your mark.
PBA operates on three core operational pillars:
- We are Builders
- We are Different
- We are Optimists
We hire people who are aligned with those principles; people who are motivated and entrepreneurial, who are not afraid to be different and do what is right. People who believe in themselves and their team and who see challenges as opportunities.
We are building a team to drive our city forward. See our open positions below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing commercial real estate and development organization as the Leasing Manager with PBA Land & Development. With a focus on long term developments and relationships this role will require an experienced and results driven individual with exceptional skill sets in lease negotiation, relationship building, multi-tasking and organization.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will be accountable for leasing a portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties to prospective tenants and retaining existing tenants through excellent service and relationship building initiatives. The Leasing Manager is responsible for marketing and showing available space, preparing all lease documentation and negotiating every aspect of the lease. The role is also accountable for budgets, income levels and profitability.
There are several responsibilities that are involved in the position which include the following tasks:
- Lead the development and implementation of targeted marketing programs specific to each property in the portfolio.
- Liaise with brokers and prospective tenants, show available suites, provide accurate and timely information on suite sizes, pricing, etc.
- Ensuring vacancies are in the best possible condition ready to lease.
- Prepare, review and negotiate proposals, offers to lease, lease agreements, lease amendments and other documents relating to existing and prospective tenants.
- Prepare lease recommendations for approval by the Senior Vice President as required.
- Prepare accurate and timely leasing activity reports, market reports, budgets, budget forecasts and other internal reporting as required.
- Generate new prospects for available space by maintaining ongoing relationships with tenants and real estate brokers through meetings, luncheons, presentations, mailings and organized events.
- Source and canvass other prospects directly. Initiate and oversee the coordination of broker events and promotional events.
- Establish and maintain a wide network of real estate industry relationships and promote PBA in a professional and positive manner.
- Work in collaboration with Property Management and Construction Management.
- Perform other lease management tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
This candidate will ideally have the following skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leasing of commercial properties, selling, negotiating and financial management as broker and/or landlord representative.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills internally, externally and at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to understand real estate valuation models.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills to close leasing arrangements.
- Superior flexibility in the face of unique situations, shifting demands and meaningful work environments.
- Acts as a role model in team work, seeking ways to improve team dynamics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated in report writing, proposal writing, presentations and meeting facilitation.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills applied to complex and new situations requiring in-depth analysis and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge of legal documents including leases, sublease agreements, indemnity agreements, consent forms and knowledge of real estate markets and trends.
- Desire to grow skill sets and assist in all aspects of PBA’s growth.
- Self-starter, outgoing.
PBA Land & Development is a privately-owned, boutique real estate and development company with various projects in the light industrial, hospitality, office, and mixed-use/residential sectors. With an approach to asset development and management focused on long-term holds, PBA has an excellent portfolio of local properties that they have developed and managed for over 50 years. They are progressing and growing with innovative new projects and local opportunities to develop. With a dedicated team and a great focus on collaboration within their staff they have established a reputation within the industry as solid long-term market performers.
This is a great opportunity for a Leasing Manager to excel their career and be a part of a dynamic and progressive team.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Read Less